Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kids In The Kitchen

On my YouTube Channel I have a playlist titled Kids In The Kitchen. I think it's so important to start kids out at a young age cooking. My boys love to help cook. Especially when it comes to baking cookies. I don't know if they like it because it can get messy or if they like the fact they get to eat what they made. Either way, I love having them help me!

There are so many benefits to allowing the children in your life to help out with meals and desserts. They are actually learning so much. From math to reading, to patience, to kitchen safety.... The list can go on and on. I always let them help me measure out the ingredients. My oldest son sometimes reads the recipes and tells me what to do next.

I also think another benefit to allowing your child to cook with you is it teaches them that food is good! They seem more likely to eat what they have worked so hard to help make! So, the next time your child is hungry, but doesn't want to eat what you are making, have them help, encourage them that the food is good and that they should be thankful for all they have!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

God Bless,
 Emily


This is my latest video. I thought it would be fun to have Landon "help" ha ha ha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_tnOEAiCAg

No comments:

Post a Comment